41 Ways On How To Market A Pub, Bar Or Wine Bar In 2020
How to Promote Your Pub, Bar or Wine Bar
1. A great location helps .. but if you don’t have the best location you just need to work harder on the rest of this list
2. Get out into the street and other public places and offer free samples (parks at lunchtimes are great)
3. Get your suppliers to promote you in their newsletters and outlets
4. Have a great website with plenty of content
BONUS – 2020 Post Covid Update…. later in post
5. Use social media in conjunction with your website
7. Get customers to bring friends .. offer an incentive to them and the new customers
8. Video events, testimonials and offers .. people love video and it works well on social media – most smartphones have a good video camera
9. Profile your customer base and treat each group appropriately (differently?) Different offers etc
10. Focus on the top 10-20% of your customers The top 20% are probably responsible for the biggest slice of income
11. Run joint ventures with other businesses – host a networking club or run a fashion show with a dress shop.
12. Serve very good food .. there’s high profit in food if you get it right
13. Get a story in the local media .. anything from local produce and new wines to stories about your premises history .. get seen and talked about
14. Kerb appeal sells pubs and wine bars .. colourful gardens or hanging baskets attract attention
15. Get listed in directories
16. Start a professional group (or join one) on LinkedIn or Twitter and get the industry noticing you
17. Clear any rubbish from your car park .. paint new white lines .. it gets you noticed
18. Add new content to your website or blog. Offers, recipes and interesting stories all make readable content
19. Give positive responses on TripAdvisor, TopTable etc. Don’t ever make excuses but show you care
More… How To Market a Pub, Bar or Wine Bar Ideas
20. Call or email yesterday’s customers and thank them for their business
21. Offer a “free drink next time” to everyone that checks in on Facebook on a given day .. or everyday .. it will be seen by huge numbers of people
22. Ensure your decor is spotless and premises are clean .. people notice (especially the toilets)
23. Get stories in the trade press
24. Celebrate things like St Patrick’s Day with an event and offers .. ditto national holidays, Queens birthday, .. anything to attract customers
25. Provide live music
26. Provide free wifi .. and a phone-free zone as well
27. Get on Google Local .. then you also show up on some SatNavs and phones
28. Get five-star ratings on Google My Business
29. Encourage staff to upsell
30. Invite a mystery shopper and see what customer service is like from the other side of the counter
31. Promote specific drinks or menu items
32. Get suppliers to sponsor specific promotions
33. Invite magazines to review your offer and menu
34 Collect business cards .. monthly draw but give everyone a special offer if they return
35. Get a council Brown Tourist Sign direction sign to your premises
36. Install a customer suggestion box
37. Put your cards/brochures in local B&Bs and on notice boards on local canals
38. Ditto local hotels with no evening dinner service .. pay a commission if the book customers in for dinner with you
39. Arrange a staff meeting and get their feedback and ideas
40. Produce a list of local hotels and B&Bs and put in your bar and on website/social media .. ensure they reciprocate
41. Use a chatbot on Facebook .. you could be the firs tin your area to do so and that will give you a good PR story
BONUS – 2020 Post Covid Update
Reopening after lockdown is hard. People are wary after lockdown.
So here’s a great way to market your place, your events and only pay if successful.
Its called Bloc and it’s quick and easy to set up. Plus you get £150 of free credits to try it out.
What’s not to like?
Try It Now
Need Help To Market Your Pub?
Contact me for any help you need …. StefanDrew(AT)gmail.com 07904897929
Clearly a pub and wine bar aren’t quite the same, but these basic marketing ideas will work with both .. perhaps with a bit of modification in some cases. In all cases, there are hundreds of other ways to market or promote your pub or wine bar business.
Need an infographic for your wall?
41 Ways To Market A Pub, Bar Or Wine Bar In 2019
Try This One